Approach the space, pull halfway into it, and then out, so that you are facing the space with the rear end of your car as shown.STEP TWO:
Turn your wheel to the RIGHT, so that the wheels are in the direction indicated. Start backing in the direction of the arrow.
Straighten the wheel when your mirror is roughly inline with the other car's bumper.
Making sure the nose of your car will clear the car in front of you, begin turning the wheel to the LEFT. Follow the arrow. You should be perfectly in your spot!
So, the 4 steps are:
- Backing with the wheel to the right
- Backing with the wheel straight
- Backing with the wheel to the left -you won't have to do too much with the wheel to the right if you do your approach correctly!
Some more useful tips:
- Practice, practice, practice, - get to know exactly how big your car is!
- If you're hitting the curb, you're not straightening the wheel or going left fast enough!
- If you're too far away, you're not backing straight back (step 3) far enough!